Nikon N60

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

Nikon N60

Post by Niner » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:47 pm

Got this camera the other day on an ebay bid. What attracted me was the film that came with it. There were seven rolls of Illford FP4 B&W 36 exposure rolls. They were out of date by 12 years but B&W film ages slowly if not kept in a hot house or a barn. The good thing about this camera is that nobody wants one at even a cheap price. It was a bottom of the three tier Nikon SLR film camera line in the late 90's and very early 2000's. The middle and upper lines had more bells and whistles, more auto focus points, faster shot bursts, faster than 2000 shutter speeds, etc. And... all of the better models can be bought for cheap on ebay now days. See previous posts on the N90 and the N6006...upper and middle Nikons respectively. This one is from 1999.

This camera isn't without good features. It can autofocus. It has a view window diopter. It auto loads and auto rewinds. It has all the regular program features as well as A, P, and full manual. It has a relatively fast 1/125 flash sync. There are other features as well as a built in flash. The camera I got came with a Nikon auto zoom 28-80. And the frame under the plastic is heavy, real metal, including the lens mount ring. And, worth noting, the auto program that lets the camera decide what you are actually trying to photograph actually is "intelligent".

The expired film was a new experience. However, using regular development times.... 8 minutes in D76 at room temp worked fine.

Just in case you are wondering....Camera, film, lens, a Nikon camera bag...$14 plus about that much again to ship it to me.
Attachments
DSC02050.jpg
DSC02048.jpg
DSC02053.jpg
DSC02051.jpg
img484.jpg
img466.jpg
img463.jpg
img467.jpg
img470.jpg