Pentax SF1

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

Pentax SF1

Post by Niner » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:13 pm

I think I posted about this on a facebook page while the site image loader was down. This was what I posted:

Pentax SF1 from 1987 showed up this weekend to my door for $17.79. $10 of that was the shipping charge. I wanted this camera because I had the SF10. It was the first SLR camera with a TTL auto flash built into the camera. It, like the SF10 that was the upgrade, also has an auxiliary hot shoe. It’s auto focus with appropriate lenses and also uses all of the K mount lenses in the inventory. The differences from the one year later SF10 are mostly cosmetic. Up and down arrows are replaced in the SF10 with a wheel and the mode controls have become buttons instead of switches. The B-2000 shutter speeds are the same. The auto focus may or may not be faster….but not noticeably so. One thing the SF1 had that the SF10 doesn’t that I like is that there is an adjustment under the view window that adjusts focus for the eye sight of the user. I found the auto flash recovery mode either really slow or else it sometimes didn’t want to work. When it did work, it did what it was supposed to do just fine.

It is pictured with the SF10.
Attachments
DSC01634.jpg
diopter.jpg
img368.jpg
img354.jpg
img364.jpg
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Pentax SF1

Post by Niner » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:18 pm

Pentax SF10 photos.