Kodak Junior II

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

PeterN2

Kodak Junior II

Post by PeterN2 » Tue May 05, 2020 2:06 pm

This camera belongs to my wife's father. He bought it new in the 1950s, he thinks. The camera was produced from 1954 to 1959. He got married in 1958 so I think it is a fair bet that he got it about then. All the childhood and holiday photos of my wife and her family in the 1960s would have been taken using this camera. He hasn't used it for many years. Kodak stopped making 620 film in 1995. It is in very good condition and the shutter and aperture controls work fine. It has the empty spool still in it from the last film that was used. It also has the original instruction book but that is falling apart. The leather case is almost like new. An interesting old camera.
Kadak J2 set.jpg
Kodak J2 open.jpg
Kodak J2 lens.jpg
Kodak J2 door.jpg
Kodak J2 rear.jpg
Kodak J2 book 6 7.jpg
Kodak J2 book exposure.jpg
Regards
Peter.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Kodak Junior II

Post by Niner » Tue May 05, 2020 4:54 pm

You know you can rewind 120 film onto the 620 spindle. The film itself is identical size. It's the spindles that are the problem. If there is enough play in the film mounts you may be able to just use 120 out of the box. Your camera is kin to the Kodak Tourist that I wrote about in another string. It might be fun if you want to give it a try as a camera again. I'd suggest you first open the back and go into a pitch black room and shine a flashlight into the back and check for pinhole light leaks. The accordion cover might look fine but pinholes are not easy to see without a flashlight and those pinholes play hell with your negatives. You can dab some liquid electrical tape on the holes and it will cover the light leaks. I was doing it today on an old Agfa camera.