Weston II Exposure Meter.

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

PeterN2

Weston II Exposure Meter.

Post by PeterN2 » Tue May 05, 2020 2:34 pm

I was looking on ebay and noticed this up for 99 pence plus postage. The seller said it was found on a shelf in a house clearance along with some other photography stuff. In an idle moment, I left a bid on it and forgot about it. These seem to normally go for £10 to £20 ($12 to $25). To my surprise, no-one else bid on it so it was mine for the price of a pint of beer. I read that this model was made from 1945 to 1955 so is contemporary with the Kodak camera I posted about. It came with the original instruction booklet and the Weston film speed rating manual. It seems Weston tested all the main available films and gave them their own 'Weston Speed Rating' as the ASA/ISO system was not universal at the time. It is in very good condition and seems to work OK. I now have a hankering to get all the Weston meters from I to V plus the Euromaster. Not sure if I will though.
Weston 2.jpg
Weston 2 rear closed.jpg
Weston 2 rear open.jpg
Weston 2 reading.jpg
Weston 2 books.jpg
Weston 2 book 6 7.jpg
Weston 2 film spped 10 11.jpg
Weston 2 film speed 12 13.jpg
Regards
Peter.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Weston II Exposure Meter.

Post by Niner » Tue May 05, 2020 4:59 pm

Great that you got a vintage light meter that works. I don't have one like yours but I've got a few vintage light meters and none of them work.
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: Weston II Exposure Meter.

Post by DuncaninFrance » Wed May 06, 2020 2:48 am

I have a Weston Euro-MASTER Model S461-6 No.8519 0 which still works perfectly.

http://www.jollinger.com/photo/meters/m ... 61-em.html
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.