The Kodak VR35 model 40

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

The Kodak VR35 model 40

Post by Niner » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:36 pm

Just in time for Halloween..... if Dr. Frankenstein made a camera for the monster making lab he might have liked this one. It is made, or rather modified, by Lester A Dine Inc. The Dine company still exists producing medical cameras from modified regular line cameras.

Back in 1986 Kodak got back into the 35mm film camera business with a simple fixed focus point and shoot with a pop up flash and a automatic film advance. The VR35 lasted, with several models, until 1993. Dine took this camera and added some clip on lenses for dentists to use. They were color coded and had various distance measuring tools and a defusing flash hood. The green ring filter was shot with the flash hood up and a chain for measuring distance. It took a photo at 15 to 20 inches. Then the Blue filter had a short extension and a longer one that looked a little like a football goal post. You took a photo at a distance of between 3 to 5 inches from your subject with the defusing hood down. And then, for those back teeth there was the gold ring filter that starting focusing clear at about 3/4 of an inch from the lens surface.

The camera has no on and off switch other than popping the flash up. When you see the green light you are good to go. It uses double A batteries.

The camera comes with a case and printed instructions and a few add on labels and such. Needless to say, I didn't pay much for it. Great curiosity though.

I was using some no telling how old Kodak Gold I got with some camera or other off of ebay. The negatives had a decided green cast. But.. for what the camera was with the add on stuff it worked ok.
Attachments
P1000589.JPG
P1000600.jpg
P1000585.JPG
P1000592.JPG
P1000594.JPG
P1000595.JPG
P1000596.JPG
img020.jpg
img025.jpg
img023.jpg
img006.jpg