Canon EOs Rebel K2

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

Canon EOs Rebel K2

Post by Niner » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:06 am

Got this the other day for $2.99 plus shipping and packaging cost. It was introduced in 2003. Really a pretty close to end of the line for film cameras. The Rebel series was the mass market line. Not expensive but with a lot of the accumulated features that at one time were cutting edge and higher end camera features.

There is nothing to get all that excited about in this camera. It's plastic. On the small side for an SLR...which isn't bad. However it has everything a family photographer would need and came with multiple programs and auto focus as well as a pop up flash controlled by the camera. It was offered in the US as the K2 and as the Kiss Lite in Japan and was named the EOS 3000V in Europe. There were two levels of the camera. The upper level had a data back and you could imprint date data on the film...a feature I always disable. It also had a built in seven point focus system that could be modified to center focus in some programs or to a more central zone of points.

One of the odder things was the A-Dep setting. This program used the 7 point focus to determine depth of field by selecting an exposure setting that would take into account nearer objects out to whatever the far focus was.

Perhaps the worst feature was a synthetic rubber like coating on the grip. This stuff had a tendency to self destruct into a sticky mess over time. This one I got had that problem....that's why it was so cheap. But with some electric contact cleaner...which is isopropyl alcohol and some air... dissolves the mess in a hurry.

I took it out for test drive today and found it working as well as I could have expected if it were several times the price.
Attachments
k2.jpg
top.jpg
back.jpg
img190.jpg
img197.jpg
img212.jpg
img211.jpg
img208.jpg