Canon Rebel G

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

Canon Rebel G

Post by Niner » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:58 pm

Got another one. I made a small bid on a Canon Rebel G and "won" it for $6. So I took it downtown to Mardi Gras park. Kentmere 100 film. D76 developer.

Well.... it was a mass market camera when it came out in 1996. It lasted until 1999 as an offering. It has auto focus and multiple programs as well as manual. It also has the feature Canon sometimes used where as soon as you put the film in the camera and shut the back the film loads into the negative space and shoots the frames backward and loads them back into the cartridge. There is this half hate it half love it sentiment on this. Some say if the back should accidentally open you ruin all of your unexposed negatives. Some say if the back should come open accidentally you would at least save all of your exposed negatives. Whatever.... with any camera you have to read the manual and see what the minds of the camera engineers are thinking this time.

Went downtown to Mardi Gras park to take whatever moved me to push the trigger. The statues were an easy choice. In Mobile, I must explain, there has long been black Mardi Gras societies and and white Mardi Gras societies. The societies all belong to two separate "kingdoms" patterned on some mystical royalty. Debutantes and eligible bachelors from society families make up the court. Both the black and the white societies run about the same way. There are black parades and white parades as well. Reason I'm saying all of this is because the park has a statue of each queen and each king.... of the white and the black sort.
Attachments
DSC02877.jpg
DSC02878.jpg
img281.jpg
img261.jpg
img272.jpg
img277.jpg
img263.jpg
img255.jpg
img253.jpg
img269.jpg
img259.jpg
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Canon Rebel G

Post by Niner » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:16 pm

Here are some digital snaps taken with a Sony HX80 pocket camera today to show how color makes a difference in how you see things.
Attachments
DSC02875.jpg
DSC02861.jpg
DSC02860.jpg
DSC02854.jpg
DSC02852.jpg
DSC02848.jpg
DSC02844.jpg