Travel camera favorite

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

Travel camera favorite

Post by Niner » Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:21 pm

When I go for a vacation some place I carry a digital camera or two. Last week I went about an hour away to spend a few days at the beach. I took two cameras... the Sony DSC-HX80 and the Lumix DMC-ZS100. They both produce images that are just great for computer sized images and both have great zoom ability. They both have a view window as well as a view screen. The Sony fits in a shirt pocket or a pants pocket a little easier. The Lumix can do a few more tricks with a lesser zoom and can theoretically produce a sharper image but is larger and thicker.

From a balcony a couple of hundred yards away from photos of tourist confronting a school of small rays.

All of the images are reduced from well over 4000 pixels width.
Attachments
DSC-HX80.jpg
With Lumix
With Lumix
With Lumix
With Lumix
With Sony
With Sony
With Sony
With Sony
With Sony
With Sony
With Sony
With Sony
Sony HX 50V
Sony HX 50V
Sony HX 50V
Sony HX 50V
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Travel camera favorite

Post by Niner » Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:32 pm

The Sony also has a "sunset" mode....so does the Lumix, actually. The programs over emphasize red/orange color. Normal exposures tend to go the other direction and what your eye sees as a nice orange sunset gets washed out in the recorded image. Here's an example of the "sunset" mode taken with the Sony and not the best sunset evening but the program did it's thing and to the eye it looked pretty much as the camera shows us.
Attachments
sun1.jpg
sun2.jpg
sun3.jpg
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Travel camera favorite

Post by Niner » Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:42 pm

Here are a couple of better sunset program made images from 2019....because of the angle of the sun going down and the cloud structure.
Attachments
DSC01478.jpg
DSC01473.jpg