Came across this just now.........

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Came across this just now.........

Post by DuncaninFrance » Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:36 pm

Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Came across this just now.........

Post by Niner » Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:11 pm

That's an Olds Ambassador trumpet. The Olds Ambassador was the trumpet I learned to play on back over 60 years ago. I still have it. It's not considered a "professional" trumpet although some professionals have used it. It's even now a much respected horn as a student horn. If it were a camera it would be the Pentax K1000 which holds that spot in film cameras. They run $100 to $200 on ebay considering conditions. There was an older model and a newer model. The only apparent differences were in the shape of the end of the mouthpiece receiver and the pinkie ring is a ring on the older models and a hook on the later models. The one in the video, like mine, was the older version. The older version is slightly more desirable.

I've had multiple adventures in horn repair. My tools aren't as specialized. The biggest problem I have had for which there is no home remedy is with a professional Olds Super. It needs a valve job. One local repair shop suggested getting the valve pistons chromed to take up the worn space. Obviously not the right answer. There are specialty repair places but the cost would be nearly as much as the horn is worth to me.
Attachments
P1010220.jpg
P1010220.jpg (239.82 KiB) Viewed 815 times
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by DuncaninFrance » Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:46 am

Glad it floated your boat Robert!
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:27 am

I was really surprised that you had looked at such a repair video.