Sunrise and Sunset photos.

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

Sunrise and Sunset photos.

Post by Niner » Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:41 pm

Probably most people who own any kind of a camera have taken sunset shots. Multitudes of people have taken sunset photos ever since color photography has existed. Well .... I'm one of most people and the multitudes as well. I also take sunrise photos too, which look a lot like sunset photos. One weather news person locally has a facebook page and posted what was supposed to be , according to her, a sunset at Gulf Shores. When I pointed out the direction of the sun in relation to the beach and that it was a sun rise photo her supporters gave me hell and eventually she took down the photo. Seems like a weather person should be able to tell which direction the sun is in on the Gulf coast...however, she is a nice looking blond and nobody really cares if she knows up from down either. When you are down at the Gulf of Mexico, like I was for the last several days, you can tell the difference between sunrise and sunset in any photo if you see the shoreline also in the photo. Telephoto shots can make a so so sky look amazingly rich.
Attachments
east.jpg
east.jpg (142.64 KiB) Viewed 560 times
gulf shores.jpg
gulf shores.jpg (154.36 KiB) Viewed 560 times
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Sunrise and Sunset photos.

Post by Niner » Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:41 pm

This was not that great a sunset as sunsets go on the Gulf of Mexico in the neighborhood of Orange Beach....named for occasionally the sunset turning the complete beach area orange for ten or fifteen minutes. Telephoto on the good but no orange beach sunset attached.
Attachments
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (241.84 KiB) Viewed 551 times
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by Niner Delta » Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:16 pm

I took this last January and I like to call it.... "Sunset over the trash cans in the trailer park."
Pretty catchy title, huh? ..... :mrgreen:

IMG_0604 (1).jpg
IMG_0604 (1).jpg (284.39 KiB) Viewed 536 times
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:52 pm

Very in tune with the season. I see potential Christmas trees all over the place.