Canon T70

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

Canon T70

Post by Niner » Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:28 pm

Got this one the other day. It was advertised as "working". Paid all of $34, nearly half of that shipping, for it with three lenses and a camera bag and some filters. When I got it I found pieces to the battery door in the bottom of the bag. So much for working. Thankfully the small door catch spring was among the parts. The seller, when contacted, said it was a flash door part...but I had sent her a photo of it and she should have seen what I was saying. In any case,I proceeded to see if I could put it back together with some glue before arguing some more with the seller .....and although I have no idea how long it will last.... I got it back together and the camera worked and the latch stayed shut. I added a little tape for insurance when I took it out for a photo adventure today. One of the lenses had a problem but the other two worked. I've gotten worse pig in a poke stuff from ebay so I figure I about broke even on this one.

This AE camera model came out back in 1984. It had some new features. There is a a choice between center weighted average meter reading or spot reading for back light compensation. An odd thing is you can also choose between wide angle or tele AE. The wide is auto exposure leaning more to DOF and the Tele is more to faster shutter and more center focus. The lens for the T series is an "FD" lens that has an A setting for letting the camera select shutter and aperture or you can turn out of the A to whatever aperture you want and the camera selects shutter. And... the best thing is it works on a couple AA batteries. One draw back is that the T series lenses went by the board after the T series ended and cameras started into auto focus lenses.
Attachments
DSC05556.jpg
DSC05556.jpg (74.93 KiB) Viewed 285 times
DSC05562.JPG
DSC05562.JPG (215.64 KiB) Viewed 285 times
DSC05558.JPG
DSC05558.JPG (127.98 KiB) Viewed 285 times
DSC05559.JPG
DSC05559.JPG (146.71 KiB) Viewed 285 times
img301.jpg
img301.jpg (425.05 KiB) Viewed 285 times
img312.jpg