Bought a Mauser.......

This forum is for topics about the bolt action Mauser rifle from any country of production.

Moderator: joseyclosey

Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: Bought a Mauser.......

Post by Niner Delta » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:10 pm

As I have mentioned before, I have neither the work space nor the desire to get into
reloading, it just doesn't interest me. If you didn't live on another continent, I could pay you
to reload them for me........... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
dhtaxi

Post by dhtaxi » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:28 pm

If you lived on another continent Id reload for you for free my friend. ;)
Niner Delta

Post by Niner Delta » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:56 pm

After reading all the forums on various websites, they all seem to agree that the surplus 7.65 ammo that
I bought is pretty much crap. So I decided to pick a couple of random rounds and open them. What I found
proves that those posters seemed to be correct. Both rounds looked the same on the inside. Sure glad I
didn't spend a lot of money on that ammo. Looks like my best bet is to buy more new stuff and know what
I'm actually getting, but the best price I found on new ammo that I ordered is $.92 a round delivered,
for 100 at a time. Ordering 300 rounds is 'only' $.84 a round....... :roll:
Probably won't be ordering 1000 rnds. at a time like the SKS ammo........ :mrgreen:
Attachments
copy1.jpg
copy2.jpg

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner Delta

Post by Niner Delta » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:34 pm

Well I got the new ammo, and another 45 rounds of surplus from a different source. The 2nd batch of
surplus was made in 1975. Pulled a couple of rounds apart and it looks great. Now I still have to get
to the woods and try both kinds to see which one to buy some more of.
Rain predicted for the next few days.........damn.

Also learned that is has a 17.6" barrel, so the 1400 meter sights seem a little optimistic to me.... :D

Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:59 pm

Glad you landed with some ammo you have some confidence in.

1400 meter sights would be optimistic if it had a barrel as long as a 105. :bigsmile:
Niner Delta

Post by Niner Delta » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:05 pm

Finally made it to the woods to shoot the Argentine Mauser. Shoots well with no problems, but has a real
kick to it, seems even more than my M38 with heavy ball ammo. It was accurate enough for a short barrel
carbine, certainly good enough for my poor eyes with open sights. Shot about 45 rounds of new and surplus
ammo through it and decided to shoot something that didn't bite so hard. Put about 200 through my SKS and
another 50 in 9mm pistol. All in all a good day, a little chilly but sun shining so quite nice. My friend took his new
rifle, forgot the brand, looks like an AR black rifle and shoots 7.62x51 NATO round, same as M-14 did. That was
fun to shoot, has a $$$$ Leupold scope, nice setup but a little spendy for me, he shoots in 3-gun competition and
bought it for that.
He had some of those electronic ear muffs that deaden the sound of shots, but you can still hear to talk. Says
they work pretty well, have any of you tried them?? Thinking they might keep my ears warmer in cold weather.