BOTR

Probably the most popular caliber firearm in most of the world. Many of us have more than one. They also are very collectible and still cheap to shoot.
(The military trainer posts have been added here from a previous forum.)

Moderator: blackisler

DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

BOTR

Post by DuncaninFrance » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:09 pm

X51Bis: a French .22 carbine. I love this little rifle. I would look for one it it weren't Cat B. Still, when I DO get my Cat B cert I could always have a covert look !!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... e=emb_logo
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Aughnanure

Re: BOTR

Post by Aughnanure » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:59 am

Duncan,

They were sold here as the "Unique" Carbine and they were very good and alas are no longer available under our enlightened gun laws except in a very restricted category.
Hope you eventually get one, you'll enjoy it.
Self Defence is not only a Right, it is an Obligation.

Eoin.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:49 pm

Nice looking rifle. Odd feature with the screw out bolt one shot at a time extra step thing. Seems pretty unnecessary. However, very unique.
Aughnanure

Post by Aughnanure » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:56 am

Here's an amusing, but costly, story on one of these rifles.
Some 50 years ago when there were no restrictions or licencing a mates brother had one.

He was working in his open shed near his back fence, over the fence was a public reserve and some yahoos on drugs were kicking up a bit of a rumpus near him so he lent over the fence and asked them to move on.
One of the druggies looked over into the shed and saw the Unique which the owner had just cleaned.

Hit with inspiration and a desire to cause trouble the yobbo reported to the police that the mate's brother had pointed the rifle at him and worked the bolt.

The upshot was a charge and an appearance before the Court, the defence bloke asked the complainant what the defendant had done with the rifle and he repeated that he had pointed it at him and worked the bolt, asked to demonstrate what he meant by "worked the bolt" he went through the motions of moving the bolt of an ordinary bolt action rifle.
The defence then requested that the prosecutor demonstrate using the defendant's confiscated rifle, the prosecutor picked up the exhibit and then, utterly perplexed couldn't find a bolt handle.
After the defence demonstrated just how the rifle worked the Judge threw the case out.

Unfortunately, because no ruling had been made on costs, the defendant was thousands of dollars out of pocket.

Talk about justice!!
Self Defence is not only a Right, it is an Obligation.

Eoin.
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:43 pm

Twas ever thus Eoin...............
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.