Pristine 1953 Polish M44

This is a place to post about the classic Russian bolt action rifle.

Moderator: Miller Tyme

Miller Tyme
Moderator Sponsor 2013,2014,2015

Pristine 1953 Polish M44

Post by Miller Tyme » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:02 pm

Went to the OGCA show today in Wilmington hoping to fill out a couple of holes in my M38 collection and instead came home with my 1st Polish M44, and it is a beauty. I had made several passes through the show but there where no 40 or 42 M38's to be found so I decided to go and check out a Polish M44 I had seen earlier that was #'s matching, clean, and the price wasn't to stupid ( around $400.00). Well needless to say it was gone when I returned so I decided to make one more pass around the hall and call it a day. two asiles over I spotted a member holding up a beautiful Polish M44 and I decided to hang around and see if he was going to buy it. He haggled with it's owner for about 5 minutes and decided it was not worth the asking price. The owner put it back under his table ( guess that is why I never saw it) and we started talking. I asked to see it and while looking it over he told me it was so nice he never had the heart to fire it because it was so darnpretty. After confirming it was all matching I asked him what he wanted for it.................to my suprise he told me he was hoping to get $250.00 out of it. Well after the EMS crew revived me I gave this gent his money, and made my way to the house for pictures and a well deserved drink. ;)

“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Pristine 1953 Polish M44

Post by Niner » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:20 pm

That stock looks really pristine. Considering the proof marks showing sharply it is not likely it was ever refinished to make it look that way. The entire rifle looks like it just came out of the factory. I know you must be pleased with the new addition to the collection. Congratulations.
Miller Tyme
Moderator Sponsor 2013,2014,2015

Post by Miller Tyme » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:31 pm

Yes I am Robert, this rifle looks like it was test fired and stored away in some arsenal warehouse. I gent I bought it from said he never had the heart to shoot it because it was just to "perdy".

This one will be a safe queen. ;)
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
PeterN2

Post by PeterN2 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:21 pm

My Polish M44 is a 1953 date the same as yours. My serial starts with KT so a little later than yours. They are nice rifles and shoot well.
Regards
Peter