Bored again......

This is a place to post about the classic Russian bolt action rifle.

Moderator: Miller Tyme

Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Bored again......

Post by Niner Delta » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:29 pm

As I have posted before, I like to tinker with my guns and change things around...... without making changes that can't
be reversed. Any of my changes can be put back to stock original condition in less than an hour.
This time it was my M38 carbine. Bought a Archangel stock and 3 10-round magazines from Palmetto Arms. There was already
a scout scope mounted on it, so it was just a matter of replacing the stock. The biggest advantage will probably be the
10-round magazine instead of the 5-round stripper clip, which was kind of difficult even on a good day. Didn't have to
modify or adjust anything on the stock, it fit right on, same with the mags and it cycles great.
As you can see, I already had a bent bolt on it, the original forced matched straight bolt is in a box with the other parts.
That stock will also fit on my 91/30, but too much of the barrel sticks out past the end of the stock and it looks odd.
Maybe one of these days I will get outdoors to sight it in...... :D

unnamed3 - Copy.jpg
unnamed - Copy.jpg
unnamed (2) - Copy.jpg
unnamed (1) - Copy.jpg
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Bored again......

Post by Niner » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:22 pm

Looks pretty wicked. Looks like the scope mount attached to the original sight base.

There was a guy once lived in Pensacola....Darrell? He had the scope mount Mosin Nagant market cornered once and then he got a more demanding full time job and went out of business about a dozen years ago. I met him once and saw a couple of his mount conversions. They were solid. He wasn't Rube Goldberging it. He had some kind of engineering background.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: Bored again......

Post by Niner Delta » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:48 pm

Yes, it replaced the sights that are pinned to the base.

I was in contact with Darrell many years ago and was on his list if he ever started making mounts
again, but I don't think he ever did. Too bad, they were great mounts.

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.