Another SKS....

The forum for comments about auto rifles with military connections.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Another SKS....

Post by Niner Delta » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:41 pm

This time I bought a Chinese short barrel paratrooper model. Made in China in 1966 and later rebuilt and
sold here. Not sure if Norinco or not, doesn't say Norinco anywhere on it, but maybe they all were??
Took it all apart to clean it and everything looks brand new. Came with a cheap scope and original piece, matching
number, that scope mounts to. In fact it is all matching numbers. When I had it apart cleaning, left off the original 10 rnd.
magazine because I had a bunch of mags for my other SKS and they fit just fine. I bought it from a friend so I was familiar
with it. I hadn't seen it for several years and when he dropped it off, I said I didn't remember it had a scope. He laughed and
said I should remember, I was the one that put it on there...... it's a bitch getting old..... :roll:
At the same time I bought his Gernam Mauser Model 1871/94 Uruguay Daudeteau Conversion Dovitis Rifle in 6.5x53.5.
I'll make a post about that one later, it takes a lot of explaining....... :mrgreen:

IMG_0516 - Copy.jpg
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Another SKS....

Post by Niner » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:55 pm

Good to see you haven't lost the urge to buy something new. The thrill hasn't gone. I used to remember how that felt. :D
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by Niner Delta » Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:38 pm

A couple of questions for you SKS experts........

1. This stamp on the side says "SKS 7.62 Made In China .... CJA SFLD, MI"
I'm guessing CJA is ?? Armory and maybe Springfield, Michigan? Any ideas out there?

IMG_0504.jpg

2. Today I noticed that if you pull the handle back fairly slowly it will stay open about an inch back.
The slightest bump anywhere will let it slam shut but didn't go back far enough to cock it. Never had this
happen on my other SKS. Pulling it back all the way and letting it slam forward, and it doesn't hesitate at all.
Had it apart several times and it is very clean and well oiled.
Again, any ideas out there?

IMG_0532.jpg

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:13 am

I did a Google search. I found this statement:

C.J.A: China Jing-An, Which was an importer that went out of business when they got busted by Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) for Importing some Full-Auto Korean AKs and trying to sell them to the general public. They were a company owned and controlled by Central Military Commission (People’s Armed Police) in charge of internal security and riot control. CJA was also in charge of Jing-An Equipment Import-Export (CJA EQUIP.) trading in small arms, riot control, and security equipment. Additionally, they were in charge of CHINA ANHUA DEVELOPMENT, which operates about 70 enterprises. "China Jing An" or "Jing An China". Most China Jing An goods are not marked as such, whereas PROCHINE exports are clearly marked "PROCHINE CORP". All Chinese "manufacturers" of semi-auto Kalashnikov type rifles were little more than exportation fronts set up by the Chinese government. As an example, China Jing An is owned by the People's Armed Police, and Polytech is controlled by the People's Liberation Army.

If you got to the link the guy offers as proof you get a pop up announcement that if you go there....xxxx chicomnetxxxx... you will get a security investigation.

https://www.theakforum.net/threads/chin ... ngs.39534/