Another Russian Letter series SKS

The forum for comments about auto rifles with military connections.
Miller Tyme
Moderator Sponsor 2013,2014,2015

Another Russian Letter series SKS

Post by Miller Tyme » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:37 pm

Sometimes you just buy a gun because it's a good deal, not because you need it for your collection, case in point, a 55/56 letter series SKS. Now last fall I stumbled upon a very nice one at a local po-dunk gun show for a bargian and gobbled it up.

http://milsurpafterhours.com/bb/viewtop ... =7&t=10128

Now I like SKS's but with a Chinese Type 56 & D model, a Yugo M59 & M59/66A, an Albanian, and the above Russian I really felt no need to aquire another, but like I said a good deal is hard to pass up. I stopped by my LGS today just as a gentleman was trading this gem in on a used Ruger P95. My LGS let me have this lightly refurb-ed, stamped matching, laminated stock, letter series for $300.00 along with the chinese chest rig filled with 200 rounds of chinese copper washed 7.63x39 ammo. I am not sure what I will do with this one but my wife has expressed a desire to have an SKS to go along with her VZ 52 so I might have just got a head start on my christmas shopping....(for a change) :lol:

Last edited by Miller Tyme on Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Another Russian Letter series SKS

Post by Niner » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:59 pm

That laminated stock is a good feature. I don't own any SKS rifles with a laminated stock. Nice stripe to it.
Miller Tyme
Moderator Sponsor 2013,2014,2015

Post by Miller Tyme » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:44 pm

Niner wrote:That laminated stock is a good feature. I don't own any SKS rifles with a laminated stock. Nice stripe to it.
This is the only one I have that is in a Laminated stock Robert, but I must say I do like the stock on this one................ ;)
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:03 pm

That bolt through the wrist of the stock is unusual too. Don't have one like that either. Seems strange for a rifle that shoots low recoil 7.62x39. Maybe the lamination was the reason...although laminated stocks were probably stronger than solid stocks in considering all kinds of weather conditions.
joseyclosey

Post by joseyclosey » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:13 pm

Nice detailed pics MT, thanks for posting up your latest bargain.

Joe. :D