Can't help myself....

The forum for comments about auto rifles with military connections.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Can't help myself....

Post by Niner Delta » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:17 pm

Yes, I've been playing with guns again..... :roll:.... Haven't paid much attention to my SKS lately, so I
decided to give it a different look. And like the other guns I play with, everything I do is able to be changed
right back to the factory original parts. So......no guns have been harmed during this photo session...... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

40 - copy.jpg
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Can't help myself....

Post by Niner » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:20 pm

At least it isn't a........"black" rifle. Desert sand? Nice.
Niner Delta

Post by Niner Delta » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:50 pm

I too always called it desert tan, but no, somebody thought it needed a better/different name,
so now that's called FDE......Flat Dark Earth..... :roll: ...... whatever.
I had a AR-15 that color, but it was one of the things I traded for my HK-91.
Amazingly enough, I found out that black and tan shoot the same...... :mrgreen:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:56 pm

Wonder if they have a "pink" one for women? Saw a photo of some woman searching for some nutball millionaires intentionally hidden for people to find treasure out West somewhere. She had a pistol with a pink handle for protection. It looked to be small caliber. Hope she doesn't run into a mountain lion.

On further thought..... why would a woman want a weapon with a pink handle or stock anyway? Maybe they think if they have a pink one people won't think of them as bordering on bull dike.
Niner Delta

Post by Niner Delta » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:02 pm

Just Google "pink rifle" and you will see, but probably not believe, what pops up..... :mrgreen:
Rifles and pistols come in almost any color these days, especially the polymer frame pistols and
AR stocks & handguards.

joseyclosey

Post by joseyclosey » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:05 am

"no guns have been harmed during this photo session...... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:"

Nice one Vern. ;)
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:28 am

Joe, he must have seen the purest collector rants. I used to be like that. I've reformed myself and learned to be more forgiving. At the same time it used to be one of those C&R license things where people would split hairs over what does and does not violate the rule that collectible weapons are forbidden to be modified under pain of violating the law.

I got a short Turk Mauser once from AIM. You didn't see short Turk Mausers in the sales offerings then...nor do you now. The particular rifle had been "sporterized" by modifying the stock into modern hunting configuration and the addition of drilled and tapped scope mounts. It cost less than $100. The gun boards got into the question of if it were a violation of the C&R rules to purchase one. So I purchased one and sent a message to AIM and asked what their position was in selling the rifles as C&R. They said they had checked with their BATF representative and they were confident there was no problem. I wish I had bought several of them, looking back.
Attachments
Turkrifle.jpg
Niner Delta

Post by Niner Delta » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:06 pm

I've never worried about the 'purist collectors' because I don't have any high dollar guns,
or care about their opinion..... :roll: ... And I don't have a C&R license.

Have seen that line at the end of movies that have SPCA stamp of approval.... "No animals have been
harmed during filming of this movie" ....so I stole it.... :mrgreen:

Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:27 pm

Vern, the Curio & Relic arguments weren't over high dollar guns. They were over $50 Turk Mausers or equally inexpensive Mosin Nagants. The guys doing the arguing were guys who a year before couldn't tell you which was which without guessing if you had showed them an example of each. But....if somebody dressed any of such guns out with all sorts of additional "combat" or "hunting" stuff they ran the risk of being pilloried. Such people who "sporterized" were labeled Bubba and got kicked out of the C&R club. And... I still feel like old guns of the military type ought to remain un altered.
Niner Delta

Post by Niner Delta » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:16 pm

None of my guns are altered, more like.....reimagined...... :lol:
I just occasionally like to make them look different....... :mrgreen: