Beretta 1934 pistol

Forum for collectible handguns from whatever country.

Moderator: Niner

Niner
Site Admin

Beretta 1934 pistol

Post by Niner » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:04 pm

Just to revive a little gun talk I picked this pistol as an example from my collection. The Beretta model 1934 Italian Army issue pistol. This one also marked XVI of the Italian fascist era Roman Numeral. Made in 1938. It shot the 9 mm Corto round which is the same as the modern .380 acp.

Compared to the US 1911 45acp or the German 9mm Luger this was a fairly dainty specimen of military firearm. However it took down easy and shot straight and didn't take up much space as a carry weapon. No doubt they were also standard police arms deep into the 20th Century.

I was lucky to find a correct holster for mine some years ago.

One thing about having any firearm that you don't shoot often is that you need a take down book. The Gun Digest manual for pistols is a library necessity for collectors. They also make one for rifles.

Here's a Wikipedia link for general information. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_M1934
Attachments
just pistol.jpg
gunin holster.jpg
holsterfront.jpg
holster back.jpg
disasimbly.jpg
DSC02451.JPG
joseyclosey

Re: Beretta 1934 pistol

Post by joseyclosey » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:15 pm

That's a very nice historic pistol Robert. Thanks for sharing it.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Beretta 1934 pistol

Post by Niner » Sat May 15, 2021 11:43 pm

I noticed a pistol holster like the one I got the other day advertised by Sportsman's Guide. They send me advertisements all the time for all sorts of stuff and looking at something else they advertised. Looks like the holster I have is really a surplus police holster. I didn't get it with the pistol but at a gun show years ago. The prices people want for a holster for this pistol are all over the map. The surplus police pistol from SG is $20. I think I paid $10 years ago.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product ... ?a=1145831