Walther PP

Forum for collectible handguns from whatever country.

Moderator: Niner

Niner
Site Admin

Walther PP

Post by Niner » Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:00 pm

The firearm I've known the longest in my collection was my fathers. It had a place in my father's possessions since before I was born. He got it from a close friend who got it while serving in the US Army in WWII. Before my father died he gave it to me over 20 years ago.

This Walther PP in 22 long, wasn't acquired new. Obviously it was something the friend, a Major in the Signal Corp, would have acquired as from a stash of captured, found, or confiscated weapons in most likelihood. It had undergone some major trauma upon close inspection. The plastic hand grip on one side looked disfigured like it had come in contact with heat. The opposite side was worn nearly smooth down the center the grip vertically, looking like extreme holster wear. The bluing of the steel had some equal spots of damage. The real history of this pistol is unknown. Probably the friend that gifted my father wasn't aware of the history either.

In any case. I treasure it and will pass it down to my son. It points and shoots perfectly.
Attachments
P1000736.jpg
P1000738.jpg
P1000741.jpg
P1000743.jpg
P1000745.jpg
P1000750.jpg
P1000747.jpg