1968 Sako

This is a place to post about the classic Russian bolt action rifle.

Moderator: Miller Tyme

Woftam
Moderator Emeritus

1968 Sako

Post by Woftam » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:18 pm

OK I'll be the first to admit I don't know much about MN's, so I was curious about the following add.

"M39 Finnish Nagant, 1968 Sako sneak rifle, very scarce and rare, only some 3000 were known to exist, made primarily for marksmanship training of officers. was bought new, in excellent condition, only a couple of very small armourer marks"

Fact or Fiction ?
The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: 1968 Sako

Post by Niner » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:18 am

The "sneak" label is considered bogus in that the Finns didn't need to sneak manufacture of their modified Mosin Nagants. These rifles were put together in the 60's and into the 70's. How many there were is open to question. To me....it's like those 91/30's that have been refurbed and stock piled for decades only to be dumped on the market in recent years. The only up side is that the so called "sneak" rifles are likely to be in good working order and with barrels that may come from a relatively large stock of "B" barrels that VKT got from Belgium in 1942 but that weren't used during the war. The made for officer training I wouldn't put any stock in at all.

I'd rather have a Finn Nagant that could have been used by the Finn's against the Ruskies myself. However, if it is in really good condition ....and not some crazy price....
Woftam
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Woftam » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:46 pm

$1500 + post crazy enough for you. Still, cheaper than going to the Alabama/LSU game isn't it ?
The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:11 pm

$1500 plus postage? You would think that guy would throw the postage in at that price. And Yeah....that guys is dreaming. But who knows? Maybe somebody born yesterday with lots of money will come along.

Here is a realistic ..now... look at Finn prices in the US. It's the supply and demand thing that has them at these inflated prices.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/catalog.aspx? ... Collection

I got two M39's. One I bought in 1997 for $81. The other I bought in 2001 for $102...including shipping.
Attachments
Nagant.jpg