.22 revolver.

This forum is for all other rifles and hand guns that we have an interest in. They need not be of military origin nor C&R.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

.22 revolver.

Post by Niner Delta » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:00 pm

One of my shooting buddies passed away a while back and his brother is selling the guns he
owned. So I bought this Herter's .22LR single action cowboy looking pistol because.....well, I didn't have one.
Made in Germany back in the '60s, I think. Not a lot of information to be found about it. Says "HERTER'S
WASECA/MINN USA MADE IN GERMANY" on barrel. Can't find any info on manufacture dates by serial number.
It is in like new condition and seldom shot. I'm not crazy about the "stag" grips, but can't find any
replacement grips either. It needed a good cleaning and oiling, and every screw needed tightening .
Even if I never shoot it, it was worth the $100.
Does anyone here know anything about these pistols?
He is also selling a Norinco AK-47, but decided to pass on that one, although I have shot it and
it's in excellent condition too.

IMG_0162.jpg
Attachments
IMG_0164.jpg
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: .22 revolver.

Post by Niner » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:14 pm

I got a .22 like that. It was made ...I think... in Spain for FIE. out of Miami Florida. I got all of $78 in mine. Fun to shoot though. Heritage Arms sells one in the US now. I have a Heritage Arms model in .357. I think the Heritage was also made in Spain, although there are not marks to show this.

I kinda like the grips on yours Vern. Roy Rogers. Gene Autry. Rhinestone cowboys.
Attachments
FIE. .22 Miami.
FIE. .22 Miami.
.357 Heritage Arms
.357 Heritage Arms
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:06 am

A friend of mine here in France gave me a Spanish made .22LR 'Revolver' which he bought before they became a licensed firearm.
.22 REV #1.jpg
.22 REV #2.jpg
Although it looks like a revolver it only had one chamber in the cylinder :shock:

I chopped it up and 'disposed' of it because even as a single shot .22 it is a hand gun and restricted to Cat.B licenses. Not worth the effort to get one for it. :cool: :cool:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:29 am

Looks like the barrel was made in Italy. Sorry you had to do away with it. You know they make cylinders that have all six bullet chambers. Probably would have required some gunsmithing to make sure the cylinders aligned with the barrel at every turn. Oh well... no great loss as it was configured.
Niner Delta

Post by Niner Delta » Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:22 pm

That's interesting, have never seen a cylinder with just one chamber.
Probably not good for "Russian Roulette" ..... :shock:

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.