Dixie Voodoo

Food and Drink that we enjoy from all the places in the world where we pursue our milsurp collecting hobby. Share a favorite recipe that others may try. Tell us about your favorite wine, beer or other spirit. Cigars too.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

Dixie Voodoo

Post by Niner » Sat May 16, 2020 7:29 pm

Picked up a new offering. Dixie is famous as a New Orleans beer. They went out of business in New Orleans back about the time of one of the recent hurricanes and then came back in business with their brew made in another state. Then this new offering says the brewery is back in New Orleans.

Has a black color and a nice head. Poured out a half beer into a mug straight down the center of the glass. It has a nice head to it and a slight hop taste for a lager beer. 5.5 alcohol content.
Attachments
P1000191.jpg
P1000193.jpg
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: Dixie Voodoo

Post by Niner Delta » Sat May 16, 2020 7:34 pm

I like the irony of drinking alcohol out of a Walt Disney World mug......... :mrgreen:

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Sat May 16, 2020 7:36 pm

My daughter, and sometimes my wife, goes at least once a year. They want me to go in September but I told them... I don't like flying. They already have the reservations. I don't like lines. I don't like amusement park rides. So.... only when my wife takes the grand kids in a year or two will I go. Just to be social.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Sat May 16, 2020 8:17 pm

Vern..it was personalized.
Attachments
P1000196.jpg
Niner Delta

Post by Niner Delta » Sun May 17, 2020 10:16 pm

I know what you mean about Disney park, when we lived in SoCal, it was only about 40 minutes to Disneyland.
Eventually my older son and I got tired of it and quit going, wife and younger son never quit going. That was fine
as long as she didn't drag me along.......... :mrgreen:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Mon May 18, 2020 4:41 am

I have never been to a theme park of ANY kind, the very thought fills me with dread - all those children!
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner Delta

Post by Niner Delta » Mon May 18, 2020 8:27 pm

The kids weren't the problem, it was the Japanese tourists. They were rude, tried to cut lines
and push you out of the way to take a photo and were always in groups. Almost saw groups of them get
into it with groups of "not them". Of course, this was in the 1980s, probably different now...... hopefully.

Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Mon May 18, 2020 11:14 pm

Now days, those who are in the know, can buy cut to the front of the line tickets. Doesn't seem American. However...my daughter, who is fast approaching middle age, does know and apply all insider skill and knowledge at Orlando Disneyland.