The ATF Alert

Place to discuss gun laws around the world and general observations about the legal aspects of collecting in any country.

Moderator: Aughnanure

Niner
Site Admin

The ATF Alert

Post by Niner » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:06 am

A hurricane is headed my way. All the local news is in a frenzie to repeat themselves over and over about storm notices and updates. The local officials are making the obvious warnings. The Governor has had a show as well. The Trump administration is declaring all sorts of support ...officially at least. Pretty regular fire drill all around. Then, surprisingly, I got this email from the ATF because of my Class 3 license:

This is an important message from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Hurricane Sally is projected to affect the following Alabama counties of Baldwin, Mobile, Escambia, Clarke, Monroe, Choctaw, Conecuh, Covington, Geneva, Coffee, Butler, Crenshaw, and Montgomery. ATF recommends that all licensees in the storm’s path secure their firearms inventory and records from flooding and other potential storm damage. In the event of damage, theft, or attempted theft, please contact ATF at 800-800-3855. Thank you.
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: The ATF Alert

Post by DuncaninFrance » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:38 am

Only just seen this Robert. I hope you are OK .
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:44 am

Power back on. One tree against roof that caused a damage problem. Lots of clean up to do . Biggest problem is getting someone to remove the tree against roof and then someone else to make repairs. As you can imagine there are lots of people with similar problems.
Niner Delta

Post by Niner Delta » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:36 pm

Glad you and (I hope) your family came through it OK. You can always fix 'things'..... :D

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:58 pm

Thanks, Vern. Got a guy coming to remove the tree Monday. Then on to step two.
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:26 am

Is he from the ACME Tree Doctor Company/ Apparently they have branches all over the US :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner Delta

Post by Niner Delta » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:04 pm

The Captains agree, Duncan ........ :mrgreen:

171.jpg
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.