A couple decades ago Navy Arms sold milsurps

This is the forum for general Milsurp gun topics that don't fit some place else.

Moderator: Niner

Niner
Site Admin

A couple decades ago Navy Arms sold milsurps

Post by Niner » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:13 pm

They sold milsurps and they also made some fantasy milsurps like 2A Tanker Enfield and the No. "6" Jungle Carbine. But... the prices of the the real and fantasy alike have done better than many of my other investments over the years. Here are a few pages from a August 2000 catalog. Navy Arms, at last report was still in existence but out of the C&R business a number of years ago.

I pulled this old catalog out of stuffed between a couple of books. I didn't buy much from Navy Arms because their prices were generally a little higher than the competition but I did buy one of those Ishapore 2A No. 1 MKIII rifles. Sold it at a gun show for several times what I paid for it and I sold it too cheap considering some I've seen with what seem like ridiculous asking prices.
Attachments
img170.jpg
img171.jpg
img172.jpg
img173.jpg
img174.jpg
img175.jpg
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: A couple decades ago Navy Arms sold milsurps

Post by Niner Delta » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:04 pm

We won't see those prices again.....
Is it too late to order a bunch of that ammo?...... :mrgreen:

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:24 pm

I still have several of those 8mm Turk bandolers. Some of it was, and is, pretty old. Some of the Turk ammo is dated in the 30's. One I picked at random shows 1940. I got my Turk ammo from Century ...but it was from the same large import stash and cost something like the same price. Only the Century ammo was shipped free for however many bandolers I bought.
Attachments
DSC02811.jpg
DSC02812.jpg
Niner Delta

Post by Niner Delta » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:41 pm

I have a bunch of that Malaysian .308 in the .30 cal. ammo cans, but mine isn't on M60 links...
Great ammo, have shot quite a bit of it. Although it wasn't quite that cheap.... :mrgreen:

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:47 am

I'll take 2 x No.4 T's and 3 x No.5's at those prices :loco: :loco: :loco:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.