Seriously???

Place to discuss gun laws around the world and general observations about the legal aspects of collecting in any country.

Moderator: Aughnanure

Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Seriously???

Post by Niner Delta » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:28 pm

This was in the Seattle Times today and just goes to show the liberal thinking in the
Seattle area, Everett is on the northern edge of Seattle.
The last paragraph is what caught my attention, even though he is the victim, if you use a gun
you are at fault and we may charge you. Doesn't matter if you are defending yourself and your wife,
use a gun and you are at fault. Hopefully he will not be charged for defending his home, but just
the fact that they have to think about whether to charge him is bizarre.

CCF.jpg
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Seriously???

Post by Niner » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:46 pm

Maybe it's a case of a fleeing felon not being fair game for shooting? Or maybe it's a case of the intruder hadn't gotten all the way in the house? Or maybe the crook didn't have a weapon? Or maybe the shooter didn't shout halt who goes there and ask the password first. Or.....shit... who knows? :loco:
Niner Delta

Post by Niner Delta » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:51 pm

It just irks me that there seems to be more laws to protect the criminal than the victim.
And you can bet this wouldn't have even made the news it the homeowner had stabbed him or bashed
in his head with a baseball bat instead of shooting him with one of those evil guns..... :roll:

The homeowners are a 66 year old man and his wife.
The criminal kicked in his door, pretty sure I would have shot him too, under those circumstances.

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:11 pm

If I were on the jury I'd let him go as justified.
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:50 am

There was a well documented case in 1999 of a farmer shooting 3 burglars and the problems that this caused for him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Martin_(farmer)

I know of a few people here in the area who keep a loaded shotgun close at hand when the go to bed - I am not one of them...
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.