Panasonic FZ18

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

Panasonic FZ18

Post by Niner » Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:30 pm

Saw this digital camera for $20. What attracted me were two things. One... it had a relatively long zoom for a compact digital camera from 2007. 18x and 28-504 zoom. The other thing was the way Panasonic/Lumix was trading off the Leica name for the vario focus lens by Elmar as buyer bait. It also had a picture taking eye viewer that showed a like magnification and a back window screen as well. The only down side is that it was made in the age of the small sensor and only provides 8.1 mega pixels.The movie mode is all underwhelming as well by today's standards and no where near high resolution and the screen size is very limited. However, in it's day it was a highly rated point and shoot consumer camera in the around $400 retail price range. And...it was only $20 complete with three batteries and a charger and manual today. Nobody wants these cameras now days other than as curiosities. Like old Mosin Nagants where when this camera was new.
Attachments
DSC06738.jpg
DSC06737.jpg
DSC06736.jpg
DSC02587.jpg
first.jpg
second.jpg
near last.jpg
last.jpg