1942 Izhevsk PU sniper

This is a place to post about the classic Russian bolt action rifle.

Moderator: Miller Tyme

Miller Tyme
Moderator Sponsor 2013,2014,2015

1942 Izhevsk PU sniper

Post by Miller Tyme » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:29 pm

I had heard some rumblings for the last 2 months that Aim might be getting in another batch of Molot PU snipers, Having missed out on getting a 42 last time I decided not to let the opportunity pass me by again. So when then posted that they had 14 1942 PU's for sale back on the 11th I ordered one as fast as I could. Recieved it today and am quite pleased with it, great bore, clear scope, rifle stamped for the scope and stamped matching except for the mag that was lined out and re-stamped. All and All, well worth the coin, now if I can find one of the elusive 42 Tula PU's.

“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
Niner
Site Admin

Re: 1942 Izhevsk PU sniper

Post by Niner » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:24 pm

I didn't know AIM ever had any sniper rifles that might have been originally sniper rifles. I thought they were selling ones like mine with a real Nagant 91/30 with a recent production, though "official", scope attached. Good addition to your collection.

I am playing an Xbox 360 game I got for Chistmas called Sniper Elite. One of the rifles is a Mosin Nagant sniper rifle. Wish mine could shoot as well as the one in the video game. It's a fun game though. And....no recoil or cleaning required.
Miller Tyme
Moderator Sponsor 2013,2014,2015

Re: 1942 Izhevsk PU sniper

Post by Miller Tyme » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:51 am

Niner wrote:I didn't know AIM ever had any sniper rifles that might have been originally sniper rifles. I thought they were selling ones like mine with a real Nagant 91/30 with a recent production, though "official", scope attached. Good addition to your collection.

I am playing an Xbox 360 game I got for Chistmas called Sniper Elite. One of the rifles is a Mosin Nagant sniper rifle. Wish mine could shoot as well as the one in the video game. It's a fun game though. And....no recoil or cleaning required.

Thanks Niner, Yes Aim is getting the ones I.O. Imported last year,. At the time many of us where sceptical about these due to I.O.'s past track record, but several of the Russian sniper experts over on GB looked them over top to bottom a pronounced them legit so I decided next batch to snag me a 42 if they had any.

Besides I.O. And Aim, Classic had a few of these for sale also, and at about $200.00 less than R Guns.
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin