How do you Keep Inventory

Forum for firearms from the Orient.

Moderator: PeterN2

riceone
Contributing Member

How do you Keep Inventory

Post by riceone » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:17 pm

Over the years I have listed them in a note book, then listed them on a spread sheet and now I am taking pictures and printing them, placing them in an album. Since most of what I have is Japanese I take one picture of the whole rifle, usually right side, then close up of top of receiver and then close up of serial number, series and arsenal. I print these three pictures per page, listing at the top type, arsenal and series. Pictures tell the rest. I take a few pictures at the time and work them up. Sill have a way to go but the album makes and interesting conversation peice when laying around,
Last edited by riceone on Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Niner
Site Admin

Good question

Post by Niner » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:30 pm

One I do some thinking about every once in a while. Have to put it on my to do list after I retire in the not too distant future

I did for a long time take photos and put in a loose leaf book with a few bits of information. This in addition to my "official" book. But think I need some kind of computer updated album, complete with photos and updates on suspected value......for insurance as well as next of kin purpose.

I'm going to attach pictures of my two sources of record.
Attachments
otherbook.jpg
book.jpg
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

I KEEP IT SIMPLE!

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:33 am

I have to, I use it :razz:

I have a basic table in Word and fill out the various cells with info. The more info the bigger the cell gets. Photos are 'inserted' and this is the result. Mind you, I don't have as many to catalogue as Riceone :cry:
Attachments
Word Doc with table
Word Doc with table
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
riceone
Contributing Member

Inventory

Post by riceone » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:51 am

I like both of your ways, should have asked before. My insurance policy will pay market value on anything I have. Some of the last rifles I bought are sort of one of a kind and they would not accept my word for value without bill of sale and pictures. So that got me to doing this. Not a very good picture of my book but at least it shows what I am doing. riceone.
Attachments
DSC02532.JPG
PeterN2

I should do that

Post by PeterN2 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:40 am

I have never catalogued my guns like that. I think I should make a detailed gun list as a few of my guns are now worth more than what I paid for them.

Regards

Peter
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:34 pm

Keep it simple Peter :roll: :roll:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.