I saw this and couldn't believe it

This is a place to post about the classic Russian bolt action rifle.

Moderator: Miller Tyme

Niner
Site Admin

I saw this and couldn't believe it

Post by Niner » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:00 pm

In the junk mail filling my mailbox today came a Sportsmans Guide multi page offer of assorted ....stuff. One offer that struck me as particularly strange is an offering for a 91/30, complete with oil can and bayonet and sling.....but.... they removed the receiver! A "parts kit" at what the average pig in a poke complete rifle would go for? Who would buy such a thing?

They are selling them .."everything but the receiver to keep it in good working order". I know.....maybe they can sell them without a license to some nimrod on crack or something. Wonder what they did with the receivers and how much it cost to remove them? :loco:
Attachments
ScanImage001.jpg
joseyclosey

Re: I saw this and couldn't believe it

Post by joseyclosey » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:47 pm

Strange offer but i guess someone will buy them!!!

Joe
PeterN2

Post by PeterN2 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:22 am

How can it be in good working order with no receiver? OK if you have a receiver and need the rest of the rifle I suppose.
Regards
Peter.
Sarge
Regular visitor

Post by Sarge » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:29 am

Just another example of supplying the "Nut" who has a military fire arm and thinks that he just has to have a complete parts kit to keep what ever it is functional for a period of years.
I've played with/shot military firearms for 55 years. I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I've had something break and that includes shooting 8 or 10 varities of full autos.
Makes as much sense to me as having a full set of extra parts for the family car!
:rebel:
Sarge
Calling illegal aliens undocumented immigrants is like calling drug dealers unlicensed pharmacists!
LIFEMEMBER: NRA, VFW, DAV, SFA, SOA, 281AHC Assoc & CAF
kermit

Post by kermit » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:57 pm

not a firearm if no receiver. ATF considers the receiver the "controled " item unless i am mistaken. besides i can get complete rifle for $89 from AIM as i have a C$R 03 FFL. a barreled receiver can be bought off ebay for about $20-$25. which means this ad is over priced.
sakorick

Post by sakorick » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:08 pm

kermit wrote:not a firearm if no receiver. ATF considers the receiver the "controled " item unless i am mistaken. besides i can get complete rifle for $89 from AIM as i have a C$R 03 FFL. a barreled receiver can be bought off ebay for about $20-$25. which means this ad is over priced.
Eggzactly! Regards, Rick.