Contributions and Patches and Pins: a slight change

Members please check here for useful information about site features. New members introduce yourself here as your first post if you like.

Moderator: Niner

Niner
Site Admin

Contributions and Patches and Pins: a slight change

Post by Niner » Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:13 pm

It was pointed out that some people might think my purpose was to sell patches and pins. It was not. In fact, at the moment I haven't covered the cost of the original 100 patches and 100 pins, which is no concern. The purpose was to reward anyone who thought enough of the site to contribute a little to the cost of maintaining it. I thought it was a good idea to give something back and at the same time promote a sense of fraternity among those of us who post here.

You will now see a button marked donations instead of merchandise on the front page.

It is not like the site needs a lot of money to survive. It doesn't. But all contributions to help me pay for it are appreciated.
Last edited by Niner on Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Niner
Site Admin

No contributions in over a year

Post by Niner » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:18 pm

It seemed like a good idea at the time.....but didn't pan out. I'm going to have my son delete the contribution bullet and drop the paypal account altogether. I hate the contiuious bogus emails pretending to be Paypal trying to get me to give some internet thief information that would cause me financial grief. Not that I plan to be duped, just tired of it.

Thanks to all who contributed when this was a fresh idea. It did pay off the price of the patches and pins... :lol:

Still have some patches and pins ...lots of them.. :bigsmile: . Will give them out over time for one thing or the other.

Might get a sponsor or two one of these days. At the moment the rent is paid for over a year still.
dromia
Moderator Emeritus

Post by dromia » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:45 am

Robert how are we going to contribute when the rent runs out?

We all appreciate that you front loaded the cost of the site, when the time for more investment comes a call should go out then. I'm sure the members will respond, that's what happens on other sites we just need to know when the call for support is due and a way of contributing and we'll all share the cost, its only right.

People aren't going to contribute if they don't think there is a need.
ImageImage
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:56 am

I had thought if more than enough contributions showed up to pay for the patches and pins and actually got to a postive number I'd announce how much time the "chest" had accumulated but it never got that far. Probably should have just bought one or the other not both. Whatever.

The site doesn't cost much. About like one Mosin Nagant a year. Got all of them I need. And..... I like the site better as something to be investing a few bucks in. Just thought some would like to contribute.....and most of the really interested people did. That's something.

Don't think twice about it. I like providing the site. Nobody should feel like I'm being put out at all.

Thanks to my son for showing me how this stuff actually works and for being the webmaster. Makes a lot of difference in the real costs. His computer engineering degree has paid off for me. He works for free. Other sites don't have that advantage.

Just glad this isn't an Ezboard site anymore. Now ....if it were... you can bet I'd be asking for some money. I'd need it. :bigsmile:
Last edited by Niner on Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Paypal - Damn system!

Post by DuncaninFrance » Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:36 am

Because of the way that Paypal 'works' I can't use it.

I was interested in setting up an account so I could get rental for our Gîte that way instead of posting cheques but because we live in France and have our main banking still in the UK the system throwe's a wobbler and sulks everytime I try and set it up.

I could set a French account up perhaps using our French Bank but everything is in French, instructions, terms etc., and NO WAY am I going to sign and agree to something I don't 101% understand.

Seems the easiest way is to change some Euros to Dollars next time I am at the airport and post you cash Niner.
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:31 am

Thanks for the thought Duncan. But it is not necessary at all. I'd rather you spent some money on some ammo for your guns and go out to the range and report about it afterward.
tuco
Contributing Member

Post by tuco » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:47 pm

I gave last year and would give again. I just needed a reminder as I am not here all that often. If you need some funds..... just ask. A good board is worth supporting. I just donated a bunch of items to the Russian Mosin Nagant page to assist in their fundraiser. Those of us that run boards need to stick together and assist each other when we can.
Co-Author
Finland At War
www.gunboards.com
www.mosinnagant.net
Niner
Site Admin

I appreciate the thought

Post by Niner » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:58 pm

I think it is a good board and appreciate others thinking so, particularly Tuco who started the milsurp board as we know it. I enjoy providing it. But things are rocking along pretty good. Maybe I'll get a sponsor or two one of these days, but it is no problem at all to provide the board at the moment and nobody should feel like I'm being put out at all for providing it.
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

WORTH 10 PRESSED MEN..........

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:21 am

Good for you Niner, keeps you out of trouble no doubt :roll:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.