THREE BITS MISSING.......

This forum is for topics about the bolt action Mauser rifle from any country of production.

Moderator: joseyclosey

DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

THREE BITS MISSING.......

Post by DuncaninFrance » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:21 am

When I got my K98k there were 2 locking screws and a cleaning rod missing. I have been back to the guy I bought it from and he said that is how he received them.

He now wants to charge me 10€ for a Cleaning Rod and 8€ for 2 locking screws + 8.50€ postage. That's 26.50€ / $35.77 / £18 !

So, the question is;

a) Can anyone give me the dims and thread size for a cleaning rod so I can make one myself.

b) Anyone got any locking screws they want to swap for 2 wine pourer's?

c) Need a sling as well but at 35€ for a copy I think I could make one of those as well - any dims?!

I know I am a cheapskate but thats what being a Yorkshireman is all about :lol:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
joseyclosey

Post by joseyclosey » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:17 pm

Duncan, PM me your address.

Joe ;)
cmomm44

3 bits missing

Post by cmomm44 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:35 pm

seems all those russian captures are missing the locking screws and cleaning rods---russkies must have a thing for leaving parts out or maybe Putin ia using them to repair his junk bombers he is trying to scare everyone with----the 98's over here are usually nissing the same parts (or maybe the dealers are just ,aking an extra buck off of collectors who care about authentics---cheers