36 Izhevsk 91/30 w/SCW Heritage

This is a place to post about the classic Russian bolt action rifle.

Moderator: Miller Tyme

Miller Tyme
Moderator Sponsor 2013,2014,2015

36 Izhevsk 91/30 w/SCW Heritage

Post by Miller Tyme » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:37 pm

Picked this rifle up about 2 weeks ago on GB with a low BIN price and a bad description, but with great pics.

. It’s a 36 Izhevsk 91/30 with SCW Heritage written all over it. It’s your typical well used and abused un-refurbed 91/30, it’s not import marked, it has the telltale wire sling hangers and unpinned rear sight, all S/N’s on the rifle fall with in a couple of hundred #’s of other known SCW rifles, and the front sight has been replaced with a Transitional ( Panshin) 91/30 front sight.

On a side note I guess I am glad I live where I do as I came home tonight from a 3 day weekend at the Marina and found this on my porch, it had been delievered Friday afternoon w/ " Adult signature Required" stamped on it. :lol:

“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
Niner
Site Admin

Re: 36 Izhevsk 91/30 w/SCW Heritage

Post by Niner » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:46 pm

Good that nobody but maybe a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses came calling while you were gone.

You have got to be the most Mosin Nagant owning guy I've ever had an acquaintance with. Must be Mosin time of year. I just heard from a friend that doesn't post often that he just acquired two more for his collection today as well.

Got to get my boat in the water soon. I'm going to add another battery first. My starting battery, although seeming strong, is into it's fourth year. You can't be too careful about those things.
Miller Tyme
Moderator Sponsor 2013,2014,2015

Post by Miller Tyme » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:10 pm

Spent the weekend fixing 2 busted water lines going to my dock ( easy ) and digging up both ends of the waterline to my Dads motor home ( not easy) :lol: seems the river rose during one of our cold days and the ice ( 8/10" thick) crushed the connections when the water level dropped. Had to dig both of them up and repair them, but at least it was good weather. ;)
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:39 pm

Thank God and global warming the water doesn't turn to ice down where I live. And.. my boat spends the cold days on a trailer in a carport. :bigsmile:

Only thing ...besides starting it up now and again in the cold months is change out the fuel line water separator. Now with the damn gasohol you have to worry about water in the fuel line.