Matchlocks?

Muzzle and breech loading black powder firearms. Military and sporting.
Shooting, loading, collecting and historical study.

Moderator: Aughnanure

guntotingmonkeyboy

Matchlocks?

Post by guntotingmonkeyboy » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:09 pm

Ok, as some of you guys remember from my Roe deer questions, I have been writing for a scifi series of books set in the 17th century. I am looking at picking up a snapping matchlock to experiment with (a reproduction) and generally try to put holes in things with. Do any of you guys know anything about them? Any suggestions? What would you say is a reasonable price?

-Mb
Tom-May
Leading Member

Post by Tom-May » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:34 pm

Hi Mb,

Am I right in assuming that you are in the USA?

If so, try contacting some regular users. The ECWSUSA (English Civil Was Society USA) are now nationwide (from what I can gather), so there may be someone local to you who can advise you more fully (and possibly help you with some of the incedental aspects of the 17th Century too).

The ECWSUSA have a web site, but I'm afraid I don't have it to hand (it should be Google-able).

Good hunting.

Tom
The Truth IS Out There, The lies are in your head. (T. Pratchett - 'Hogfather'))
Tom-May
Leading Member

Post by Tom-May » Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:56 pm

Hi Mb,

If you want a choice of suppliers, follow the link to The Aquebus and Matchlock Musket Page

http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Campground/8551/

and then just follow the pages to the suppliers list - there should be someone there who can help you.

Tom
The Truth IS Out There, The lies are in your head. (T. Pratchett - 'Hogfather'))