What a beast.............

This forum is to discuss aircraft and vessels, military or otherwise.

Moderators: Niner Delta, joseyclosey

DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

What a beast.............

Post by DuncaninFrance » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:08 pm

...............I hope she never founders :shock: :shock:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... stowe.html
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner Delta

Re: What a beast.............

Post by Niner Delta » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:45 pm

That ship is only 8 feet shy of a drag strip.................. :shock: :shock:
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:59 pm

It's made by Hyundai . Wonder what the warranty is like? A dozen years ago Hyundai cars had long warranties to offset the negative reliability reports. But you don't see them being recalled like the GM, Toyota, Honda's, and others, that used to have a lot better reliability histories.
Niner Delta

Post by Niner Delta » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:04 pm

Years ago I had about a '04 Hyundai Santa Fe, it was a great little SUV................. :D
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:22 pm

I worked at a Ford dealership that had that other Korean import as a sub line, the KIA, about 20 years ago. They were new in the market and there was no bottom to the line as far as equipment.... you could buy a Sophia with standard transmission, without power steering, and no AC and no radio even. The batteries lost a charge over night which meant if you bought one you needed a jump box as extra equipment. You could buy one for about $6000 though. It was the Korean Yugo. The sold ones were in the shop all the time for something wrong with them too. But... the worst thing.. ..in the summertime.... was the reaction customers gave it. I remembering opening the door to one on a hot August day to show a man who was interested in the cheapest car on the lot. He was standing close to the door when I opened it and immediately stuck his head inside and then jumped back out again.... " Damn! Smells like a bag full of assholes!" And it did. Needless to say... he didn't request a test drive.

KIA was always interested in customer satisfaction and worked on improving what was really pretty much... crap.. in the beginning. I think now they are respectable. The Korean cars have gone the path of the Japanese cars from the quality point of view. What was suspect is now respectable.