Real 91/30 sniper rifle for sale?

This is a place to post about the classic Russian bolt action rifle.

Moderator: Miller Tyme

Niner
Site Admin

Real 91/30 sniper rifle for sale?

Post by Niner » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:28 pm

There has been some talk about sniper rifles offered in recent times that are "real" Mosin Nagant sniper rifles as opposed to the large refurb "looks like" sniper market offerings. There is one dealer that advertises at another site that has long claimed to have a corner on the market and has sold for a long while what he claims to be actual snipers. At the same time the market has been flooded for years with the referb Mosin Nagants with scopes made for them that weren't actually likely at all to have been sniper rifles to begin with. They were more or less made to order for the milsurp market and offered with a maybe noticeable wink although advertised in a way that made the buyer think they may be genuine. I've got one of those. No doubt the rifle is a "real" Mosin Nagant of the proper year and manufacture...but the scope was just about certainly made after the war, and the rifle itself may never have fired a shot in battle...much less have been a sniper.

However, now AIM is offering what they say are "real" sniper rifles with real war vintage scopes.

Check out the advertisement. Looks relatively cheap for a "real" sniper, considering the other source is getting $800 for his and rifles with actual provinance go for several times the higher amount. I'm skeptical of any claim of being a sniper anything. I'd be as likely to believe a claim of having a Russian sniper's last pair of socks worn at the battle of Stalingrad as I would that these aren't really something pieced together for the milsurp market. The only thing that I'd give them is that maybe the scopes were surplus from the war years.

What do you think?

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx? ... dium=email